Just before 1AM, Oak Island Water Rescue, Oak Island Fire Department, and Oak Island Police Department were dispatched to the beach in the vicinity of SE 69th Street for the report a missing adult male. He had told his family almost 4 hours prior that he was going for a walk and did not return. We responded with our surf-launch boat 4491 and an additional 4×4 truck with night vision and FLiR equipment. The boat staged at SE 64th street and truck 4482 went directly to the scene. Upon arrival, Oak Island Police Department informed us the man was safe and returning to the scene with officers. We waited a short while to make sure everyone was safe and accounted for. Police released the man to his relieved family.
- Group Caught in Rip Current May 24, 2020
- Cardiac Transport Off Island May 24, 2020
- 3 People Pulled Out by Rip Current May 23, 2020
- Potential High Rip Current Warning for this Weekend May 14, 2020
- Possible Skydiver in Water Near Dutchman Creek May 13, 2020