While responding to another call, the sister of a Oak Island Water Rescue team member called him on the phone to report 2 paddleboarders out too far, without life jackets, and apparently struggling to return to shore and keep their balance. They appeared very tired and were several hundred yards off the beach near SE 52nd Street. We responded with boat 4491 and the same crew. It was determined that this was potentially a serious situation and boat 4491 was launched into the surf. The rescuers made contact with the paddleboarders and trailed them while they returned to the beach on their own.
- Group Caught in Rip Current May 24, 2020
- Cardiac Transport Off Island May 24, 2020
- 3 People Pulled Out by Rip Current May 23, 2020
- Potential High Rip Current Warning for this Weekend May 14, 2020
- Possible Skydiver in Water Near Dutchman Creek May 13, 2020