Last week, Wilmington’s StarNews sent a couple of reporters to our monthly training to learn more about Oak Island Water Rescue, the saves we have been a part of this year, how a 100% volunteer rescue organization was started and operates, and our need to raise funds to purchase new equipment and replace aging boats. They did an excellent job of capturing the highlights from our training and helping us to tell our story. We very much appreciate their interest and helping us to spread the word about an organization that we are very proud of and looking forward to improving even more over the next several years. The full story can be found online at StarNews.
A summary of this report also appears on Firehouse.
- Group Caught in Rip Current May 24, 2020
- Cardiac Transport Off Island May 24, 2020
- 3 People Pulled Out by Rip Current May 23, 2020
- Potential High Rip Current Warning for this Weekend May 14, 2020
- Possible Skydiver in Water Near Dutchman Creek May 13, 2020