While we certainly have a busy tourist season, all members of the Oak Island Water Rescue team train year-round to handle all types of emergency responses that may be required of us. This training includes, but is certainly not limited to, CPR (we are all certified by the American Red Cross), Boat Launching, Handling, and “Underway” Procedures, Emergency Medical Care, Patient Transport, Emergency Driving, Mud Rescue, Search and Rescue, and Cold Water (Hyperthermia) Survival. We train and practice in good and bad weather, day and night, in calm water and rough oceans. Here are some videos and photos from some of our recent training. If you ever want to experience what it’s like to launch a surf boat into the waves, make sure to check out the “Crew View” videos!
- Group Caught in Rip Current May 24, 2020
- Cardiac Transport Off Island May 24, 2020
- 3 People Pulled Out by Rip Current May 23, 2020
- Potential High Rip Current Warning for this Weekend May 14, 2020
- Possible Skydiver in Water Near Dutchman Creek May 13, 2020